Dental emergencies have the tendency to be extremely painful, and when an emergency occurs, you need emergency dental services as quickly as possible. Prompt treatment from a Lake Sammamish emergency dentist is essential to preserve your oral health and relieve the pain you are experiencing, especially if you’ve had a dental trauma. Lake Sammamish Family Dentistry offers the services you need, ensuring you get immediate treatment to preserve and protect your overall oral health.
Common Types of Dental Emergencies
What is a dental emergency? When should you seek emergency dental services? Anything that causes extreme pain should be considered an emergency. However, here is a look at some common types of dental emergencies that should be seen quickly by a dentist.
- Toothache – When you have a toothache, it should be considered a dental emergency. You need to see a dentist as quickly as possible. Try cold compresses to ease the pain and swelling, but avoid putting painkillers directly on your gums.
- Broken or Chipped Teeth – If you break or chip a tooth, it’s an emergency. Rinse the mouth with some warm water and use gauze to stop any bleeding. Cold compresses can help with pain relief and swelling.
- Knocked Out Tooth – In many cases it’s possible to save a tooth that has been knocked out, but you need to seek treatment immediately. Avoid touching the root, rinse the tooth with water gently, and try putting it back in place if you can. It can be placed in a cup of milk if you can’t get it back in place.
Other common types of dental emergencies may include:
- Lost filling
- Injury to the lips or cheek
- Tongue or gum injuries
- Loose bands or brackets
- Lost crowns
- Objects caught between the teeth
- Partially dislodged tooth
Fast Treatment by Experienced Dental Professionals
When you contact Lake Sammamish Family Dentistry with an emergency, we will make sure that we take care of your needs as soon as possible. Our experienced dental professionals offer excellent emergency dental services, ensuring that you get fast, superior care. We make sure that we get you out of pain as quickly as possible and on your way to recovery. At our office, we recognize that fast treatment is essential to preserving your long term oral health, so you can rest assured that you are in good hands when an emergency occurs.
If you have a dental emergency and need to see a dentist in Issaquah, WA, give our office a call. Immediate treatment is the best way to protect oral health and save any teeth that are damaged. Call immediately to ensure your emergency is treated quickly and with the highest quality of care.