If you’re dealing with tooth loss, not only can it leaving you having difficulty chewing and speaking, it can reduce your self-confidence. At Lake Sammamish Family Dentistry, we understand that our patients want to smile with confidence, which is why we offer dental implants, veneers, and other cosmetic dentistry options that will improve the function and aesthetic beauty of your smile. The great thing about implants is that they look perfectly natural and they’re a great option, whether you need to replace one tooth or multiple teeth.
Understanding Dental Implants
It’s important to understand how dental implants work if you’re considering them as a solution for tooth loss. Implants are anchored to the bone in your jaw to help prevent the bone loss that often comes with wearing bridges or dentures. Implants start with a screw fused to the jaw bone, and then a cap and abutment are connected to this screw. Eventually, they are connected to the actually implant, although implant bone integration must completely heal before the final crowns of an implant are placed.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Why should you consider dental implants from your local dental clinic in Issaquah, WA? Here’s a look at some of the benefits you will enjoy if implants are the right option for you.
- Strong and Durable – Implants are strong and durable, so they offer a long-term solution for tooth loss. In most cases, implants will last for life if you care for them properly.
- Natural Look – You want an option that looks, functions, and feels like a natural tooth, and implants accomplish this. Other options for replacing teeth may make it difficult to eat or smile and may cause bone deterioration. Implants preserve bone and offer you the healthy, natural look and function you want.
- Keep Your Natural Smile and Face Shape – Tooth loss can leave your smile and face looking unnatural. When you lose teeth, your face may begin to sag, especially if bone loss occurs. Dental implants help you keep your natural smile and face shape.
- Improved Confidence – Since implants look and work just like your natural teeth, you’ll enjoy improved confidence. When you smile, you won’t need to worry about a gap in your teeth; or the embarrassment of having replacement teeth accidentally move or fall out.
- Protect Healthy Teeth – Bridges and other options can damage your healthy teeth. With dental implants, you’ll protect the healthy teeth you have, preventing further tooth loss.
Talking to Your Dentist About Implants
It’s a good idea to talk to your dentist about dental implants if you’re concerned about tooth loss. You’ll need to make sure that you’re a good candidate for this procedure. With plenty of experience and the best in dental technology, you can be sure you’re in good hands when you choose to have them done at Lake Sammamish Family Dentistry.